Monday, May 26, 2008

Marketing In Strategic Locations Leave Your Literature Where Your Competitors Arent

Writen by Larry Baltz

Think about the people you help in your business. Where do they congregate, where can you find them? For instance, I work with small business owners who want to get more clients. A place this group frequently visits is bank offices to take care of financial transactions and to discuss specific issues with banking officers.

Every time I visit a bank I sit in the waiting area and read one of my brochures. When an officer is ready for me, I place my brochure on the table with all the other reading material. I figure I'm providing a service for the bank by providing materials for their customers for free. Sometimes I visit other banks and read my literature. If a banking officer approaches me, I simply tell him I'm waiting on a friend. Then I leave my literature on the table.

So, think about where your prospects gather. Can you leave a card or brochure or sales sheet?

By the way, it is very easy to track your leads with this system. When you leave a brochure or card, always write a code or department number on them, and record that information. When you are contacted by someone, you can ask about the code and determine which location it came from. Obviously this assists you in determining which locations are producing results and which are not.

This method of marketing certainly shouldn't be your only method of generating prospects. Clearly it will not produce large numbers of prospects. But it will produce results far beyond the small cost. I have gotten several calls over the years from this activity.

Consider out-of-the-ordinary places for your literature, anywhere your prospects might be. I guarantee you won't find your competitors there.

Larry Baltz runs a company called More Sales – More Profits. He works with small business owners who want to get more clients and sell more products and services. Larry is a Certified Guerrilla Marketing Coach and small business marketing expert. For his free report, "Knock-Their-Socks-Off" Promotion and Marketing, go to http://www.moresales-moreprofits.com for your copy.

No comments: