Sunday, May 11, 2008

Fuel Your Business With A Marketing System

Writen by Debbie LaChusa

Well summer is over and the kids are back in school. The house is quiet again and I can jump fully back into my work. While I did work over the summer, I also took quite a bit of time off to travel with my daughter. I'm so grateful that I was able to spend this time with her. It was an important summer, with her focusing on where she wants to go to college next year and doing everything she can to earn a softball scholarship. We also spent a full week volunteering at a camp, and that was also a very memorable and rewarding experience. But the best part was, while I was away being a mom and volunteer, my business was still running without me. That's not something I could say a few years ago, when if I wasn't working with or for my clients, I wasn't making any money.

The great thing about the way I've set up my business now is that I have a marketing system in place. This system includes a website that's open for business 24/7, a weekly ezine that provides value and builds relationships with my prospects and clients and reminds them of my products and services, a blog and weekly podcasts that also provide ongoing value, and a virtual assistant who handles my administrative tasks so I don't have to. This system continues to generate new prospects every single day, whether I'm in my office working or off on vacation or volunteering. It also continues to generate revenue, with orders for my products or services coming in through my website automatically. A system that enables me to program emails and newsletters in advance so I can continue to communicate with my clients even when I'm taking time off. All of this enables me to have a more balanced life and do the things I really want to do. Contrary to what I have done in the past, I am now building my business around the lifestyle I want to have. And while it has taken some time and planning to get it up and running, it's starting to pay off, and I know it will continue to for years to come.

What about you? Have you set up a marketing system for your business? A system that continues to fill your business with prospects even when you're gone? A system that generates sales and revenue on its own? A system that enables you to continue building relationships with your prospects and clients even when you're out of the office doing something else?

Or, are you chained to your work? Are you stuck in the "trading hours for dollars" trap? Do you only make money when you are working with or for your clients?

One of the best things about being an entrepreneur is the ability to choose how and when we work. Problem is, many entrepreneurs end up working around the clock, because they don't set up a system; a marketing system to fuel their business and generate income 24/7.

I encourage you to set up a marketing system today. Create a business that will allow you to lead a balanced and fulfilling life instead of a business that runs your life.

Debbie LaChusa created The 10stepmarketing System to make marketing your own business as simple as answering 10 questions. Learn more about this unique, step-by-step system and get a free 10-step Marketing E-Course when you subscribe to the free, weekly 10stepmarketing Ezine at www.10stepmarketing.com

No comments: